Some of the content in this article is derived from information featured in newly/upcoming material. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Incredibles Wiki by expanding it.|
- "Why would you count on me? Because I built you a bike? Because my brother knows the words to your theme song? We don't know each other!"
- —Evelyn in response to Elastigirl feeling betrayed by her being the Screenslaver.
Evelyn Deavor is the main antagonist of The Incredibles 2. She is the brilliant brainchild behind her brother Winston’s telecommunications company, knows her way around tech. She loves tinkering with tech and has never met a problem she can’t solve.
She is revealed to be the true evil mastermind behind the evil Screenslaver (who is just her puppet) near the climax of the film.
Evelyn and her brother Winston’s parents were huge supporters of supers. One night, a pair of burglars broke into their house. Instead of hiding in the saferoom with his wife, their father ran to the phone lines to call Gazerbeam and Fironic for help, but nobody answered. He was shot dead by the robbers, and Evelyn’s mother died months later of heartbreak.
Evelyn held this against the supers and devised a plan to get rid of them. She created an alter-ego called the Screenslaver, and invented Hyno-goggles with mini-screens, that allow her to hypnotize anyone who wears them, which include Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Frozone, Voyd, He-Lectrix, Brick, and the rest of the wannabe supers.
She hacked a train and two television broadcasts, one of which she used to con Elastigirl into believing the Screenslaver was a hypnotized pizza guy, when he was being controlled by the Hypno-goggles.
Later, at a celebration party for “catching Screenslaver”, Elastigirl retires to a room in the back of the DevTech building with Evelyn. Elastigirl is holding the Screenslavers mask, which was presented to her as a prize for capturing Screenslaver. Elastigirl puts the pieces of the scheme together, and Evelyn forces the goggles on her.
Later, she explains her plan to Elastigirl, and gives goggles to the wannabe supers as well, using them to plant the goggles on Mr. Incredible and Frozone, and attempting Violet and Dash Parr, who escape with Jack-Jack. Using the main three supers, she declares her hatred of supers.
Jack-Jack gets the goggles off Elastigirl with his Telekinesis, and they get the goggles off of all the other supers, foiling Evelyn’s plan. She then attempts to fly away in a plane, which doesn’t work out too well for her, because she gets sucked out of a hole and hurtles toward earth, to be saved by an Elastigirl-Voyd team.
She then states, “Just because you saved me, it doesn’t make it right,” as she is being forced into the police car, beings sent to jail.
- Evelyn was based on a cat. And they give us a hint of that in the movie when Winston is singing the Frozone theme song. "Who's the cat who's always chill" and on that same moment Evelyn enters the room, probably back from New Umbrem.
- She is the only character in the movie who wears so many clothes. In total she wears 8 different clothes. They describe her personality. From white to black. Near the end of the movie, her clothes are turning into black. The patterns of her clothing have something to do with hypnosis.
- Evelyn has a other brother named Nelson Deavor. He was supposed to be the main villain of the movie, together with Winston. But they changed the idea and Nelson became He-Lectrix. There was also a super named Shelectra (Shelectric) were Evelyn was based on.
- Evelyn is the first female villain of Pixar.
- The Screenslaver his lair in New Umbrem is actually Evelyn her secret den were she had worked on all her plans. That's why she gave orders to the Screenslaver to destroy all her evidence.
- Her name is a pun on evil endeavor.